galleries.com Web Services
In 2003, Amethyst Galleries, Inc. completed the acquisition of Terran Technologies, Inc., the software consulting, web design, and Internet Marketing company responsible for the development of the Amethyst Galleries web site.
At Terran Technologies, Steve Covey had been active in web site development since the early days (1994) of the World Wide Web, including creating one of the first web sites for the US Air Force.
He also has developed several other sites (both extranet and intranet), as well as multiple Web-based applications for military and commercial clients.
In the spring of 1995, Steve wrote these prophetic words:
"We are just beginning to see the potential and value of a WEB presence.
The Web has passed critical mass and is exploding in terms of clients accessing and servers providing information.
Already, Web access is the goal of computer users everywhere, and Web presence is the icon of distinction for businesses, institutions, and communities.
Soon, having a Web presence will be a prerequisite: the Web will be the medium of choice for marketing, the common denominator for communications, and the most direct link to vendors. And, it will be the research library, the conference room, the boardroom, and often the store itself.
I believe that the Web will be more important, more significant to our lives, and more pervasive than nearly anyone realizes today!"
Steve's Web Design and Internet Marketing skills have translated to measurable results:
Now, Amethyst Galleries Web Services (doing business as "galleries.com") offers these services to clients everywhere:
- Amethyst Galleries Mineral Gallery (www.galleries.com) is ranked #1 on most search engines for over a thousand keywords applicable to minerals and chemicals.
- Several thousand (yes, thousand) sites have chosen to link to Amethyst Galleries Mineral Gallery, without reciprical links (link chains or link exchanges, an outdated method of attempting to fool the search engines into thinking that a site has value).
- Amethyst Galleries also receives over 1,000,000 page views per month on average
(from about 300,000 unique visitors), for a site devoted solely to public education and the sales of mineral specimens (rocks).
To discuss these services for your business, please call, email, or write:
Web Site Development
- Site design, page and graphic creating, programming, e-commerce, e-database, and related consulting
- Consulting Services (and web site modifications) to improve the friendliness, searchability, and popularity of a client's web site, plus related Internet Marketing services (excluding mass e-mail).
Web Site Hosting
- galleries.com offers complete web site hosting services, both as sub-sites within galleries.com (such as "yoursite.galleries.com", valuable for artists and similar concerns),
and as stand-alone domains. Our high-capacity servers operate in a redundant and high-bandwidth facility, even suitable for streaming video applications.
Amethyst Galleries is a hugely popular site, in spite of its limited target audience (mineral collectors). This site achieves #1 ranking on over a thousand keywords and phrases on the leading search engines, enjoys thousands of incoming links (none due to link exchanges), and receives over five million hits per month.
Florida Perfect is a site promoting living, working, and retiring in in Florida's First Coast, and providing
NorthEast Florida Real Estate services. The Realty company specializes in golf course homes in Florida's First Coast region.
Orlando Golf Home Pro is a
sister real estate web site, featuring golf course homes in the Orlando area.
Some Hosted sites
Steve Covey, Webmaster
1149 Garrison Dr.
St. Augustine, FL 32092